The Lusatia Science Network was launched in Cottbus on 14 December 2022. The PtX Lab Lausitz was one of the first member organisations. Dr. Harry Lehmann was elected to the board.
Numerous regional institutions and organisations are involved in the new Lusatia Science Network to strengthen the research location. In future, the participants want to hold joint conferences, promote young scientists, initiate collaborative projects and invest in the recruitment of specialists and the marketing of the science location.
The foundation of the association was initiated by the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (BTU). Dr Harry Lehmann, head of the PtX Lab Lausitz, was elected to the board to kick off the work. The five-member board also includes: Prof. Dr. Gesine Grande (Chair) as well as Prof. Dr. Gerhard Kahmen (Deputy Chair) and Prof. Dr. Uwe Riedel (Treasurer) and Prof. Dr. Mario Ragwitz.
Brandenburg's Minister of Science and Research Dr Manja Schüle: "Lusatia is a successful energy and industrial region that is constantly reinventing itself. For example, with the Lusatia Science Park, in which science and industry join forces to form an innovation and technology booster. The driving force: the Lusatia Science Network, a dynamic network with the BTU, non-university research institutions and strong partners from business and society. I am convinced that this is the way to successfully develop the new science and technology park into a centre of excellence with charisma: interdisciplinary, international, innovative. This is what successful structural change 'Made by future' looks like."
The members of the association are:
- Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
- German Aerospace Centre e.V.
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft für angewandte Forschung e.V. for the Fraunhofer Research Institution for Energy Infrastructures and Geothermal Energy, the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Research and the Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems
- Leibniz Institute for Innovative Microelectronics GmbH
- Ferdinand-Braun-Institut gGmbH, Leibniz Institute for Highest Frequency Technology
- Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development, Cottbus Regional Development Competence Centre
- Competence Centre Climate Protection in Energy-Intensive Industries of the Future - Environment - Society (ZUG) gGmbH
- PtX Lab Lausitz - Think-and-do tank for fuels and basic materials from green hydrogen, of Zukunft - Umwelt - Gesellschaft (ZUG) gGmbH
Other research institutions may join the association in the future, once it has been formally entered in the register of associations.